Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Can not add facebook account on Xoom tablet

I have added my twitter, google and skype in Account's async under settings on my Xoom. But when I click the Facebook option under Add Account and have it do nothing. All the other options, such as corporate, email and google, take me to a sign in page, clicking on FaceBook does nothing.

I can't figure out how to fix the Facebook account issue. I am wondering if Google is going to end up leaving Facebook contact sync out of Honeycomb.

My friend have no trouble using Facebook in either the browser or the android Facebook application on her Xoom. Right now there are two ways to access Facebook. You can use the app, which works fine but does not seem to be optimized for Xoomtablets. Or you can get the full Facebook experience by using the browser.

6 comments:

  1. I have the exact same problem on a Motorola Defy. All the other options are working but when pressing the facebook icon it does nothing. Android 2.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same issue! Very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I am seeing on other forum sites. Google took the ability away after Gingerbread was released. If you had 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 and synced it before going to 2.3.6 you were fine but once 2.3.6 was released...bye bye!! Apparently this is the same issue on the Xoom, however from what I understand now that we all have Sd card support, if you root it with the Tiamat Kernel you are able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant even get a facebook option on here how did you??

    ReplyDelete