Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Xoom Transfer documents error file type not supported for pdf/doc

When I try to transfer my work pdfs, docs, ppts files over from my Windows XP SP3 computer to the new Xoom tablet through the USB cable, I get the error: "File type not supported for this media device, would you like to skip this file and try to have windows media player convert it later?" I was using Windows file explorer to copy the files. But copying pdfs works fine on another computer running Windows 7.

Then I upgrade Windows Media player from 10 to 11 version. The computer allows me to copy the files anyway. The issue fixed.

1 comment:

  1. How can I copy/download a word document with drop down/check box fields into xoom? I can read and edit doc but will not bring drop downs and check box abilities with it when I copy form.

    ReplyDelete